Mortons Urban Solutions’ Queensland office offers Civil Engineering, Town Planning and Project Coordination services for a range of projects (residential, industrial and commercial) of varying size and within different localities.
They have established relationships with key staff in all local and state authorities where the company is operational within QLD (SEQLD – greater Gold Coast, Logan, greater Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast). This ensures processes are streamlined to allow for greater project efficiency and outcomes for the client.
Mortons are specialists in the detailed design, approval, tender, contract administration and on-site supervision of civil engineering works. The below breaks down the full scope of services provided.
Planning and Engineering
- Project coordination
- Site identification and feasibility analysis
- Due diligence studies
- Preliminary market / competitor analysis
- Independent project reviews (peer reviews)
- Input into planning applications and approvals (rezoning and subdivision)
- Managing engineering approvals with local and state authorities
- Engineering assessment reports
- Cost estimates
Design and Documentation
(that is sensitive to constraints and optimises opportunities)
- Retaining wall structures
- Road works
- Water supply and reticulation
- Sewer network analysis and reticulation
- Pump stations (both sewer and potable water) and pressure mains
- Stormwater drainage and detention
- Design process management for the construction of bridge infrastructure
Mortons also has the capability to coordinate and assess all other specialist engineering inputs (including traffic, geotechnical, electrical, environmental and hydrological) associated with a project.
Construction and Project Management
- Scope, cost and program control
- Report and manage all aspects of the construction program directly with the client (developer)
- Manage and report on all aspects of the tender process
- Contract administration
- On-site supervision
Mortons are a proactive consultancy who recognise the importance of their involvement at all stages of a project. This optimises efficiency and design outcomes for the client, whilst creating sustainable and cost effective infrastructure that adds value to any project.
Supported by civil engineers and CAD designers, Mortons is able to offer a range of Town Planning services from site investigation right through to managing the development assessment process. This includes negotiation with councils and state authorities.
Specifically, our town planners are able to assist with:
- Planning advice regarding the issues associated with a development and the approvals required
- Feasibility analysis
- Due diligence reports
- Budgeting and programming for the approval process
- Site investigations including opportunity and constraint analysis
- Preparation of site analysis plans
- Pre-lodgement meetings with councils and state government
- Preparation of development concepts and land use strategies
- Specialist consultant engagement, assessment and coordination
- Experienced subdivision design and layout preparation – achieving a commercial outcome for the client
- Earthwork and civil engineering concept plans
- Infrastructure network design and analysis
- Environmental impact studies
- Development assessment reports
- Preparation of codes for preliminary approvals
- Post approval condition negotiation, compliance advice and permissible change applications
- Preparation of plan sealing submissions
- Preparation of submissions objecting to development
- Preparation of submissions to Government regarding draft planning instruments and policies
- Advice in relation to show cause notices and breaches of planning regulations
Mortons’ capabilities also include Project Coordination. This encompasses all key aspects of the project from inception through to completion.
By adopting a hands-on approach to the coordination of a project, Mortons is able to ensure the desired outcomes are delivered on time and on budget, whilst keeping the client well informed throughout.