|Project Name||Parkland Heights|
|Client||Rockingham Park Pty Ltd|
|Estimated Project Value||N/A|
|Project Type||Masterplanned Community (approx 1,100 lots / 1,600 dwellings)|
Summary of Project
Parkland Heights is a masterplanned community located in Baldivis within the City of Rockingham approximately 50km south west of the Perth Central Area.
This south western growth corridor continues to be a popular choice for purchasers with Parkland Heights providing excellent access to key public transport links including the Warnbro Train Station as well as Kwinana Freeway, allowing commuters to be in the Perth CBD in under 40 minutes. Parkland Heights is well serviced by existing quality schools and has good accessibility to the Baldivis Town Centre.
Although in its infancy with only approx. 15%-20% developed (as at early 2015), Parkland Heights has an established presence in the Baldivis region. The project is a fully masterplanned community offering a range of product and housing types, extensive open space networks, a future District Oval, Commercial node and future Primary School.
Mortons Urban Solutions was engaged by the client Rockingham Part Pty Ltd in April 2014 to undertake the Project Coordination and Civil Engineering for the successful delivery of the balance of Parkland Heights, including project management of the planning approvals, obtaining the necessary engineering approvals and overseeing the construction of the balance lands.
Status (as at early 2015)
Under construction – approx. balance 845 lots + District Open Space, Commercial Lots and School Site to be delivered.
Services provided by Mortons Urban Solutions
- Project Management – coordination of sub-consultants and overseeing the successful delivery of the project on time and within budget, up to sales and marketing;
- Reporting to the client on costs, forecast budgeting, programming and delivery timeframes;
- Obtaining all the necessary approvals (Town Planning and Engineering);
- Overseeing the administration of the Bulk Earthworks contract between the contractor and the client;
- Engineering Design;
- Contract Administration; and
- Construction Supervision and Clearances.
Key Deliverables (as at early 2015)
- Review of the current Earthworks model and re-design resulting in substantial construction cost savings / project uplift.
- Review and engagement of an updated Project Team.
- Review of product mix for Stage 6.
- Re-design of the District Open Space to improved delivery costs.
- Engineering design for Stages 4 & 5. Currently obtaining Engineering Approval for Stages 4 & 5.
- Overseeing construction of the bulk earthworks by contractor Urban Resources, including management of the ongoing earthwork and contract administration.
- Regular reporting to the client on project performance, including costs, budgeting, programming and delivery timeframes.